New York City Community
Welcome to the New York City Women in Product community. We are excited to educate, empower, and create a global community of women product managers to build impactful products at scale.
Monthly Breakfast for Women PMs
A recurring breakfast every 4th Wed. Casual gathering for women PMs to meet each other, share best practices, and celebrate and support each other.
July 11, 2018 | 6:00-9:00pm | Spotify NYC Offices
Women in Product and Spotify are teaming up to host an event exploring the topic of Inception of a Marketplace.
We will kick off the event with an introduction to Women in Product and the New York community, and transition to a lightning talk by Senior Product Lead at Spotify, Kene Anoliefo, who will share how she's building a two-sided marketplace at Spotify that helps artists build a successful and sustainable career by connecting them to 150M+ fans on Spotify.
We’ll explore questions such as:
Identifying customers, partners and beneficiaries of a marketplace
How do you monetize on a marketplace strategy?
How you set, enforce and govern engagement in a new marketplace platform?
What is the role of design and user research in building a marketplace?
Building Inclusive Products
August 8, 2018 | Evening
Skincare Self-Care Sunday
August 12, 2018 | Afternoon
Get pampered with mini facial treatments while sipping champagne, nibbling on caviar, and meeting other women in product!
Past NYC Events
The Hard Thing About Hard Conversations
June 19, 2018 | 6:00-8:30pm | Dropbox NYC Offices
How do you navigate difficult conversations as a Product Manager? Have you ever needed to deliver hard feedback, handle tough criticism for yourself, address conflict, or move forward despite disagreement from team members? While often labeled as “soft skills,” building and leveraging relationships is critical to not only your career success but also your team’s impact. Being a great product manager means empowering the people around you to do their best work, whether as anindividual contributor or a manager. Navigating these conversations effectively and with confidence is a hard skill, but not impossible to conquer.
At this event, we discussed strategies for:
- Proactively creating an environment of psychological safety for your team
- Delivering and receiving criticism and feedback
- Embracing the framework of “strong opinions, weakly held”
- June 19, 2018 - The Hard Thing About Hard Conversations @Dropbox
- May 8, 2018 - Senior PM Leadership Dinner
- March 15, 2018 - Breaking Through: Amplifying Your Voice as a Woman in Tech @Vimeo
- February 28, 2018 - Building Products with Imperfect Data @Slack
- February 8, 2018 - WIP NYC Happy Hour
- January 18, 2018 - Product Leader Summit @AppNexus
- December 12, 2017 - WIP NYC Holiday Party @Crisis Text Line
- November 14, 2017 - Building Momentum in Your Product Career @Facebook NYC
- October 12, 2017 - Computer Vision @eBay
- July 27, 2017 - Building Machine Learning Products @Squarespace
If you are interested in hosting an event or partnering with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.