New York City Community
Welcome to the New York City Women in Product community. We are excited to educate, empower, and create a global community of women product managers to build impactful products at scale.
Monthly Breakfast for Women PMs
A recurring breakfast every 4th Wed. Casual gathering for women PMs to meet each other, share best practices, and celebrate and support each other.
The Hard Thing About Hard Conversations
June 19, 2018 | 6:00-8:30pm
How do you navigate difficult conversations as a Product Manager? Have you ever needed to deliver hard feedback, handle tough criticism for yourself, address conflict, or move forward despite disagreement from team members? While often labeled as “soft skills,” building and leveraging relationships is critical to not only your career success but also your team’s impact. Being a great product manager means empowering the people around you to do their best work, whether as anindividual contributor or a manager. Navigating these conversations effectively and with confidence is a hard skill, but not impossible to conquer.
At this event, we discuss strategies for:
- Proactively creating an environment of psychological safety for your team
- Delivering and receiving criticism and feedback
- Embracing the framework of “strong opinions, weakly held”
July 11, 2018
August 8, 2018
Past NYC Events
- May 8, 2018 - Senior PM Leadership Dinner
- March 15, 2018 - Breaking Through: Amplifying Your Voice as a Woman in Tech @Vimeo
- February 28, 2018 - Building Products with Imperfect Data @Slack
- February 8, 2018 - WIP NYC Happy Hour
- January 18, 2018 - Product Leader Summit @AppNexus
- December 12, 2017 - WIP NYC Holiday Party @Crisis Text Line
- November 14, 2017 - Building Momentum in Your Product Career @Facebook NYC
- October 12, 2017 - Computer Vision @eBay
- July 27, 2017 - Building Machine Learning Products @Squarespace
If you are interested in hosting an event or partnering with us, please email email@example.com.